Energy Saver Program for Small Businesses
As a small business you can reduce your running costs and greenhouse gas emissions through the Small Business Energy Saver Program.
When upgrading to more energy-efficient equipment, the program provides small businesses with a significant discount that in some cases may cover up to 100% of the full equipment and installation cost.
We can work with you to identify which equipment in your business is eligible to be upgraded.
Who can apply
To be eligible, your small business must have:
- 1 to 19 employees (full-time equivalent)
- a commercial (non-residential) premises.
This program isn’t available for primary producers in agriculture.
If your small business operates out of rented or leased premises, you must first gain authorisation for installation activities at the premises.
A range of equipment upgrades are eligible for the discount:
- Replacing inefficient electric hot water systems.
- Replacing inefficient gas hot water systems.
- Upgrading to efficient room reverse cycle air-conditioners.
- Installing energy-efficient refrigerator display cabinets.
- Installing energy-efficient fridges and freezers.
The exact amount that you will need to pay for an approved energy efficiency improvement will depend on the number and type of energy upgrades undertaken.
Illustrative examples include:
- replacing your inefficient electric water heater with a hot water heat pump at no cost
- upgrading your air conditioning unit with a more efficient reverse cycle air-conditioner for $700 instead of $2,800.
Get an upgrade
Loddon Mallee and Grampians Region: Ararat, Ballarat Buloke, Central Goldfields, Gannawarra, Greater Bendigo, Hepburn, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Loddon, Macedon Ranges, Mildura, Mt Alexander, Northern Grampians, Pyrenees, Swan Hill, West Wimmera, Yarriambiack.
Tim Drylie Energy Officer – Small Business Energy Saver Program, Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance N.B. I work Wednesday to FridayE: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 0490 436 264
1300 845 280